Friday 22 May 2009

Jamjar Cottage - Stepping into the Unknown

As soon as I passed through the doorway into the room, it was obvious something was wrong. Something strange had happened here - the floor hadn't been swept for years and there was no glass in the window frame. There was a view across the valley beyond the railway track.


The occupants had gone out, but had forgotten to turn out the lights. How do I know this? Was it my amazing powers of deduction? No, the light switch was in the 'on' position. I knew this meant something - they had left in a hurry!


Something nagged away at my mind. I put it down to my over-developed imagination, but I began to feel uneasy - very uneasy. And then I saw it. The leg bone of a cockerel with its fighting claw well defined. This was likely to mean just one thing . . .


To be continued . . .

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, oh dear, oh deary me ! ! ! What calamity transpired here ??? The large fighting cockerel devoured his owners and then died of old age there... shades of Animal Farm.

    What a truly inspired post ! I knew there must be some other dream houses out there in the wide wild blue yonder of the blog world. Oh boy, you really know how to get a guy like me all riled up in the late night hours. Absolutely love your insight into the light switch... it is illuminating details like those that separate the fighting cockerels from the strutting roosters of the blog world, yes indeed, this post stands up and trumpets... or should I say, crows ! Excellent job here, can't wait to see the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, I can't believe the suspense! I can't wait to hear what might have happened...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! IT'S FABULOUS! I AM NOW A FOLLOWER!!I MUST KNOW MORE..TOMORROW?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh...don't stop !!! do we have to wait until tomorrow to read the rest ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh scary! Looks a lot like Fort Stevens! What an eery place. You've got me sitting on the edge of my seat.

    ReplyDelete