Monday 2 January 2012

Pink Floyd in Concert

From 1969 to 1972, I lived in West Germany, in Munster.. There were a number of concert venues in the city - most notably the Halle Munsterland - at which some of the big names of rock played.I saw Pink Floyd play their greatest hits in 1970 but, in 1971, they returned with a large orchestra and choir to perform their concept album - Atom Heart Mother. Two great concerts and I was there. Fantastic!

I was reminded of the concerts when I found two badly printed photo rejects that I must have picked out of the bin in my darkroom. The first is a poster for an Amon Duul II concert and on the right of the advertising pillar is half of a poster advertising a performance of Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd. The other shows Nick Mason and Roger Waters during their 1970 concert. Occasionally, I would be lucky enough to fight my way through to the front of the stage to take photographs. Those were the Days, as Mary Hopkins used to sing!

Copyright Laurie Manton 2012

Pink Floyd - Roger Waters sings while Nick Mason plays the drums (Copyright Laurie Manton 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment